US Embassy in Nairobi Warns Citizens Against Traveling to Kisumu During the Election Period
With Less than a week remaining to the most anticipated August polls, the US Embassy in Nairobi has advised citizens against traveling to Kisumu during the election period, citing there might be violent demonstrations.
“Out of an abundance of caution, the Embassy has imposed movement restrictions on personnel in Kisumu. The State Department reminds US citizens of the continued need for sustained vigilance, Election-related demonstrations and rallies regularly take place in the runup to the election and are likely to continue, at times blocking key intersections and causing traffic jams. Demonstrations may occasionally be violent, requiring police intervention. Strikes and other protest activities related to economic conditions occur regularly.”
The embassy has also warned the citizens against visiting crowded places during this season and to be most aware of their sorounding by watching news and media updates.
Other precautions include carrying proper identification documents, having accessible travel documents and avoiding public display of wealth
- Harmonize Bails Kizz Daniel Out of Jail Few Hours After His Arrest In Tanzania
- Mulamwah’s Exgirlfriend Carol Sonnie Denies Dating a ‘Mubaba’
- British Formula One Driver Lewis Hamilton in Kenya for the Holiday
- New US Ambassador Promises to Accelerate Visa Application Process
- Diamond Platnumz Earned Ksh 11.9M for a 10minute Performance at Azimio la Umoja political Rally
- Bahati Reveals He Has Spent KSh 33M on Campaigns, Says He Will Spend KSh 10M More on Election Day
- The Kenya Copyright Board Warns Against Use of Memes for Commercial Purposes Without Owners Consent